March 25, 2012

I Beg To Differ...Color Contrast 101

COLOR CONTRAST

You always want it whether you are painting or photographing.

Why?
When done correctly, it makes the subject matter POP!

So your subject matter doesn’t fade indistinctly into the background, from a distance.
I have made this rookie mistake myself. Sometimes you can play it to your advantage and swing it as a unique look.

Lets Look At Some Examples:

See how the filter I added to this photo changed the wall color to a minty green and makes the picture so much more interesting and adds so much character...   it starts to tell a story..







In this painting of mine, in my early stages of being a professional artist, I made a bo boo…not enough contrast between my subject matter and my background. This is a small painting as well, so when viewing from a distance the bulb of the sun flower stands out beautifully but seems to be just floating because the stem and leaves are camouflaged into the background L




There you have it freebie artistic tip O’ the day.



-Sheanna Marie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts....