February 11, 2012

Let's Get CONTROVERSIAL, Shall We..?

Exposed
Nudity and Sexuality.

 yep, I said it...so those of you who are already cringing may should X out OR open your mind and provide us all with some food for thought, but PLEASE don't be rude or I shall SHAME you.

Do you think nudity and or sexuality can be artistic? Do you think they are one in the same, that the two cannot be separate from one another? Do you find it easier to handle the subject matter in a particular medium? i.e photography,painting,sculpture...

I believe nudity AND sexuality CAN be artistic. However, I do not find T-N-A magazines "artistic". I mean that the human body, male or female, is a beautiful and wondrous creation of God. As well, sex, when handled maturely, can be a sensual and invigorating subject.
I also do not think the two go hand in hand. You can be naked without being sexual (even though I know most men have trouble separating the two); and you can be sexy without being naked (now here is where I know you men can relate).
In my more modest, and yes, prudish days I found all nude or sexual photographic material offensive, suppressive, and subjugating. However, I have matured into my OWN person over the years and I PERSONALLY no longer fell this way about ALL photographic materials. Though, like most people I assume, I find even the most erotic subject matter easier to handle and contemplate when done in a "Fine Art" medium such as paintings or sculptures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts....