June 5, 2013

Wisdom Of A Child

I'm taking a moment to look deeper into the wisdom that so often comes from my children's mouths.! I need to start writing this stuff down anyways!

Trinity (my 5yr old daughter): We should go to the candy store! Where is a candy store!?

Me: I don't know where a candy store is.

Trin: Ask JESUS, mom!! Jesus knows the answer to everything!!!

Trinity actually does talk of Jesus often. Citing Him for all her knowledge and answer to every problem.
As cute and innocent as this is, how much more it is solid foundational TRUTH!

We spiritual people always like to accredit God as the all knowing, all seeing, everywhere, all the time God. But, do we truly believe it? Do we live it? Do we go to God with all of our needs, wants, curiosities and so forth. Or do we just save God for the BIG problems in life that we have no control over and or feel there is no answer too. Do we just wait till we are throwing our hands in the air and saying "WELL, God knows best and knows more than me obviously."

Where exactly am I going with all this? Well..I don't really know! But what I do know is this. When I slow down and marinade in the small truths and joys that are along the way in this journey..it truly creates a greater peace and all consuming KNOWLEDGE that I am able to reserve and store up for the harder times in life. Take note my friends in all life's wisdom and joy as they come and do not pass up the spiritual nourishment that you will need for the ebbs and flows of life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts....